About the Community
The community of Agyekumhene Akuraa has a population of 416. There are no schools within the community; the distance to the closest primary school is 2.5 km.
- The closest primary health centre is 2.5 km.
- The community has access to a safe water
Actions by ICI
- Awareness raising focusing on the definition of a child, child work, child labour, key hazardous activities and importance of education was held by the CCPCs at women groups meeting, cocoa society meetings, community-wide meetings, churches, mosques and hamlets in and around the community.
- Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) members have been trained on the tool for identifying children at risk of child labour and the remediation packages available for identified children and their households.
- Implementation of Community Action Plan (CAP) is ongoing. CAP has been integrated into the plans of the assembly as a sustainability measure.
- A Community protective assessment has been carried out using the Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) survey and Protective Cocoa Community Framework (PCCF) to aid in determining the level of protection of children and assess the knowledge of the community members on child protection.
- Community Needs Assessment conducted using Protective Cocoa Community Framework.
- 16 women have been supported to carry out vegetable, cassava and maize IGA. They were supported with seedlings, agro-chemicals and extension services.
- Gender empowerment training was organised for selected women and men in leadership position. This was to make way for women to actively participate in community decision making and community development.
Actions by ICI
Community Action Plan
Income Generating Activity
- The women who were supported to engage in IGA have earned GHC7100 from the sale of their produces.