The community of Akroufla is based within the department of Oume in the Ivory Coast and has a population of 4,182, around 2,100 of whom are children. The community has a primary school but no kindergarten, junior or senior high school; all of which are 9km away.
- A primary health centre is located 9 km away from the community.
- There is a safe water point within the community.
- A women’s group has been formed in the community. The women’s group has so far planted three hectares of maize, one hectare of manioc and two hectares of rice. These will provide alternative sources of income to the women involved.
- 20 tables and 40 benches were constructed for the school canteen by ICI.
- A Community Service Group (CSG) has been set up in the community. The CSG provides an affordable source of labour to farmers in the community, reducing the reliance upon children. The CSG has been equipped with tools such as gloves, machetes, and boots to help them carry out their work.