JeanKouamékro is a community in the territory of Logboville on the traffic axis Soubré Buyo. It is situated 65 km from Soubré and belongs to the sub-prefecture Buyo (department of the Nawa Region).
There is an estimated population of 1,522 within the Ivorian community of Jeankouamekro. The community has a kindergarten and a primary school.
- It is 15km to the closest primary health centre from Jeankouamekro.
- There is a safe water point within the vicinity of the community.
ICI began implementing activities in this community in February 2015. The following activities have been implemented:
- Establishment of Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC), equipped with a megaphone, bikes, a set of awareness-raising posters and a motorized tricycle
- Establishment of Women’s Group, equipped with a plot for growing manioc and a plot for growing corn – additionally, the women lead a non-agricultural Income Generating Activity (IGA) by rasping and pressing cassava
- Establishment of a Community Service Group (CSG), equipped with boots, machetes, files, a protective suit, gloves, protective glasses, a sprayer and a face mask
After the establishment of these community structures and committees, the community members were trained on the worst forms of child labour (WFCL) and a Community Action Plan (CAP) was developed.
Sylvain Kouakou Konan: "Our community’s dream and mine today is to see the school expand, to build the three classrooms, to find more teachers appointed by the State, with decent housing."View More »