About the Community
The Ghanaian community of Jumapo has a population of 6276. There is a kindergarten, primary school and a junior high school within the community.
- Jumapo has a primary health centre.
- There is a safe water point available to members of the community.
- There are sanitary facilities and canteens within this community, serving both government officials and community members.
Actions by ICI
- Community needs assessment carried out using the Protective Cocoa Community Framework (PCCF) approach.
- Child labour awareness raising on hazardous activities has been organised for community leaders and community members. These sessions are important as they inform those in attendance of the dangers of child labour. This is a core element of ICI’s entry into a community.
- A Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) has been set up and provided with training on awareness raising. CCPC members are tasked with providing house-to-house awareness raising within their community.
- A community wide meeting was held following the awareness raising sessions and a Community Action Plan (CAP) produced for implementation.
- Strengthening of the SMC to increase child protection.
- CCPC members and community leaders trained on resource mobilization towards CAP implementation
Actions by ICI
Community Action Plan
Canteen for Methodist school
10 seater toilet facility
- The Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) of the Jumapo Methodist school have constructed a canteen for the school.
- The leadership of the community have renovated an old workshop on the premises of the Methodist school to serve as an ICT Centre.
- With the assistance of the Municipal assembly, a 10 seater toilet facility has been constructed in the community.