Ketasso is a cocoa growing community in Côte d’Ivoire. According to census data the community has a population of 2170. The community has a primary school but no other school facilities.
- The closest primary health centre is 27 km away from the community.
- There is a safe water point in the vicinity of the community.
- A Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) has been formed in the community. Members have been trained in awareness raising techniques so that they can conduct community outreach on the worst forms of child labour, and other related topics.
- A women’s group was formed in September 2016. The group allows women within the community to take part in income generating activities.
- ICI has provided the community with 50 benches, 20 canteen benches and a canteen kit.
- Cassava cuttings will be delivered to the Ketasso community’s women’s group for a 0.5 hectare plot.