Ghana’s Kofikrom (Koforidua) community has a population of 215. The community has no schools. The distance to the closest primary school is 1/2 km.
- The distance to the closest primary health care centre is 3 km.
- Kofikrom (Koforidua) has access to a safe water point.
- Community needs assessment carried out using the Protective Cocoa Community Framework (PCCF) approach.
- Child labour awareness raising on hazardous activities has been organised for community leaders and community members. These sessions are important as they inform those in attendance of the dangers of child labour. This is a core element of ICI’s entry into a community.
- A Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) has been set up and provided with training on awareness raising. CCPC members are tasked with providing house-to-house awareness raising within their community.
- A community wide meeting was held following the awareness raising sessions and a Community Action Plan (CAP) produced for implementation.
- CCPC members and community leaders trained on resource mobilization towards CAP implementation
- The community has erection and connected street lights at various points in the community.
- The community has purchased some plastic chairs to be used during community gatherings and for rental.