The community of Louha in Côte d’Ivoire has a population of 3,238. There is a primary school within the community.
- There is a primary health centre within the community.
- There is no safe water point within the community.
- A women’s group has been formed in Louha. The group is given training and equipment and is currently undertaking income generating activities. So far one 0.5 hectare field of manioc has been planted.
- A Community Service Group (CSG) has been formed in the community and trained in agricultural techniques. ICI has equipped the CSG to allow them to assist farmers in the community for a fee.
- A Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) has been formed and trained to conduct community outreach. The CCPC members will be responsible for carrying out awareness raising in Louha.
- Educational needs were identified within the community and the construction of three classrooms is underway as a result.