According to the community register, Noekro has a population of 3655. There are no schools within the community.
- The distance to the closest primary school is 5 km.
- There is a primary health centre located 15 km away from the community.
ICI has been working with the Noékro community since November 2015. The community is part of ICI’s core programme, in partnership with Nestlé, which involves a 3-year intervention in order to develop self-sustainability. At every stage community members are consulted and involved by first developing a Community Action Plan and then putting it in motion.
- Development of Community Action Plan with community leaders, youth, women and children all having input.
- Training of community members and leaders on key aspects of child labour such as the causes and consequences and identification techniques.
- A Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) has been set up in the community. Comprised of five members, this committee raises awareness of child labour issues within the community, identifies child workers and monitors prevention.
- A Community Service Group has been organised within the community. The Group provides assistance to farmers in order to reduce the need for child labour.