About the Community
Oyoko is a Ghanaian community with a population of 9843. Within the community there is a kindergarten; a primary school, a junior high school and a senior high school.
- There is a primary health centre within the community.
- There is also a safe water point within the community.
- Oyoko has sanitary facilities available for community members.
Actions by ICI
- Community needs assessment carried out using the PCCF approach.
- Child labour awareness raising on hazardous activities has been organised for community leaders and community members. These sessions are important as they inform those in attendance of the dangers of child labour. This is a core element of ICI’s entry into a community.
- A Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) has been set up and provided with training on awareness raising. CCPC members are tasked with providing house-to-house awareness raising within their community.
- A community wide meeting was held following the awareness raising sessions and a Community Action Plan (CAP) produced for implementation.
- Strengthening of the SMC to increase child protection.
- CCPC members and community leaders trained on resource mobilization towards CAP implementation.
Actions by ICI
Community Action Plan
3 room Kindergarten block
Urinal built for Presby school
- The community has constructed a three room Kindergarten block for the Oyoko Roman Catholic school with help from the Oyoko Development Association.
- The community with the support of the Presbytarian Church and ICI have constructed a urinal facility for Presbytarian school.
- Community leaders with the help of CCPC, ICI and municipal authprities have developed rules and regulations to guide their activities.