About the Community
The community of Worapong has a population of 165. There are no schools within the community.
- The closest primary school is 2 km away
- It is 4 km to the closest primary health centre.
- Worapong has a safe water point within the community.
Actions by ICI
- Community needs assessment carried out using the PCCF approach.
- Child labour awareness raising on hazardous activities has been organised for community leaders and community members. These sessions are important as they inform those in attendance of the dangers of child labour. This is a core element of ICI’s entry into a community.
- A Community Child Protection Committee (CCPC) has been set up and provided with training on awareness raising. CCPC members are tasked with providing house-to-house awareness raising within their community.
- A community wide meeting was held following the awareness raising sessions and a Community Action Plan (CAP) produced for implementation.
- CCPC members and community leaders trained on resource mobilization towards CAP implementation.
Actions by ICI
Community Action Plan
- Conduct PCCF to monitor progress of Child Centered Community Development.
- Conduct Knowledge, Attitude and Practices (KAP) sample-survey at the community level to assess the level of knowledge of awareness raising of community members
- Training: CCPC members will be trained on the tool for identification of children engaged or at risk of child labour and remediation strategy.
- Train CCPCs and community leaders on formulation of community rules and regulation to protect children
- Women empowerment: Organise gender empowerment training for women and community leaders.
- Provide livelihood support to women groups and CCPC members
- Organize relevant and appropriate occupational health and safety training for IGA members
- Community Service Groups: Facilitate the formation of community service group to support cocoa farmers to undertake their activities.