ICI partners launch updates on cocoa sustainability and environmental protection
Several ICI partners recently launched reports detailing their ongoing actions to support cocoa-growing communities in Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire to improve their livelihoods and protect the environment as part of the Cocoa and Forests Initiative. By mapping cocoa farms, empowering communities, and diversifying household income, steps are being made towards sustainable cocoa supply chains. ICI welcomes these positive efforts to create thriving cocoa communities, many of which can also have important benefits for child protection.
- Among the actions highlighted are:
- Training of farmers on Good Agricultural Practice;
- The development of Village Savings and Loan Associations to empower community members, particularly women, financially and increase their resilience;
- Supporting farmers implement income diversification to improve livelihoods;
- Protecting the environment by restoring degraded areas.
See below for links to our partners’ updates.
Barry Callebaut’s Forever Chocolate Annual Progress Report