Mondelēz published its Cocoa Life Annual Report 2018
ICI board member Mondelēz published its Cocoa Life Annual Report 2018, listing the activities of its “Cocoa Life” strategy with a focus on Cocoa farming, Cocoa communities and forest conservation and restoration.
Mondelēz works with the International Cocoa Initiative (ICI), to support a systemic approach to address the root causes of child labour in close partnership with governments, development partners and civil society organizations.
- 499 communities with a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS)
- 619 Communities with Child Protection Committees
- 116,004 Community members and farmers educated on issue of child labour and forced child labour
- 1,817 village Saving and Loan Associations Operational
- 49 VSLA’s, of which more than 70% are women
- 18,678 Community members involved in additional Income Generating Activities